The Global eCommerce Book compiles information from the top 10 eCommerce markets around the world. Find key statistics on demographic features, mobile commerce, major shopping days, industry growth projections, cross-border commerce, and much more.
Some eCommerce characteristics examined include:
- With a large, spread out population and unpredictable climates, shoppers in the U.S. must order holiday gifts relatively early to ensure their gifts arrive in time for the holidays
- The majority of the population in China resides on the eastern side of the country, leaving the western part of the country substantially more rural, creating an interesting economic split and difference in eCommerce development
- Online grocery shopping is growing rapidly in the U.K. and is expected to total $28 billion by 2020
- In Germany, open invoicing payment methods account for 51% of online transactions
- Japan’s mobile conversion rate is the highest in the world among leading eCommerce countries and is more than double the conversion rate of the U.S.